Synergy Basic Information (v31)
Wingspan: 32.4 ft*
Overall length: 21.4 ft
Overall height, gear down: 10.8 ft
Fuselage width: 5.0 ft
Seating, 5-7 passengers: 1-2-2, 1-2-3, 2-2-2, 2-2-3
Empty weight: <1650 lbs
Gross weight: >3100 lbs
Wing area: 156 sq. ft.
Engine: DeltaHawk diesel, 200HP, 4 cylinder, turbocharged, fuel-injected, piston-ported two-stroke
Prop: Kiwi Custom Propellers, proprietary wake impeller.
Controls: pushrod actuation (from 3 seats); rudders (2) on V-Tails; Elevons; split flap; wing suction.
Landing gear: tricycle, retractable, trailing link mains.
Designed for pressurization.
Vertical Power VP-400 emergency landing system with autopilot.
Whole airframe Ballistic Parachute.
Performance specifications are not public at this time. When offered, they will be based upon actual flight test results. However, the following general guidance has been previously published.
Minimum level flight speed: <55 KIAS
Range: >1500 nautical miles w/ std reserve
Economy cruise: >40 MPG @ >200MPH
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdUNcByJ5eM&feature=youtu.be - Design Basics from Oshkosh 2012 presentation
- http://youtu.be/MJIi0zIwdY8 - CAFE EAS V interview
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCqk7HUKMug - Detailed Synergy presentation at Oshkosh 2011
- Oshkosh365 - Beyond Streamlining: Drag Reduction in the 21st Century
- http://cafefoundation.org/v2/tech_enablingtech_dragreduction.php - CAFE Foundation library